Bringing this back up.

Discussion in 'Processed' started by HeyImGarnet, Mar 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeyImGarnet

HeyImGarnet Active Member

Which area is your suggestion for:
    Server
    What is your suggestion:
    Bringing this back up.
    How will your suggestion improve SkyMetro:
    Months ago, MONTHS, you said you would look into speeding up the hoppers in response to the suggestion.
    "Last season the redstone fix was added to relieve the server of some stress. Hoppers now move 64 items at a time but at a horrendously slow rate. It's said to do this to fix lag. In the new season redstone is uncraftable and you have to purchase it in shop, my suggestion is that hoppers should be speeded up, now that you have to purchase hoppers for such a high amount the lag is more likely to come from more items on the ground than hoppers moving it because of the slowness of hoppers a TON more items will be on the ground. Please take time to consider this as speeding up hoppers will enhance the fun of the server and could possibly fix lag of so many entities being on the ground. Also, add the purchase or crafting of hopper minecarts back, (add the delay to them if need be) You've already implemented 5h reboots which should fix lag themselves."
    Your response was
    "We'll consider implementing this, thanks for the suggestion."
    This was in december, and no changes have came. This is a really important suggestion that impacts a lot of things around the server, and would like for you to consider it again.

Adding on to this, removing hopper carts increased the lag. Add them back, please.​

2. HeyImGarnet

HeyImGarnet Active Member

3. DesireWasTaken

DesireWasTaken Active Member

"We'll consider" That does not mean, Yes, your suggestion is going to happen 100%. no. So please understand the consider part, it is most likely been around the SrStaff team, and have probably said no.

4. Skeptic671

Skeptic671 Helper
    Helper

I don't see how removing something causes more lag. If you are talking about that gif when you said there are more items on the ground, you chose to use a system like that and to have that mob farm. I knew for mine it'd have a bunch of loot on the floor but it doesn't bother me at all.

And yeah what desire said, consider doesn't mean 100%

5. DrDraven

DrDraven Active Member

Even if a suggestion gets accepted that doesn’t mean it will get implemented.

6. snw

snw Manager
    Admin

I'll look into this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.