Lucky City Launch! Taxes + Lucky Blocks

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by peraldon, Dec 10, 2017.

1. peraldon

peraldon New Member

Hello everyone!

As we head into Christmas, we're super excited to announce what we've been working on for the past while. Enter, Lucky City! This is a brand new city that BenMascott and Target3DGaming will record on.

Launch Sale

To celebrate the launch of Lucky City, we have a neat 20% off the entire store for a short while. You can make the most of it here. Also, we have added Offshore Bank Accounts to the 'Exclusives' section - this is for tax evasion!

Lucky City Launch

We have launched a brand new city, called Lucky City. This is our first themed city, and is launching with a number of features exclusive to itself. BenMascott and Target3DGaming will be playing on Lucky City from launch (which is now!).

Tax System

[​IMG]

This system is a brand new addition to the Sky Metro network. Tax is collected every Sunday night (discluding 10th, ie today), and your wealth dictates what amount of tax is collected. At launch, the tax will be extremely low, with the various tax bands only taking a small amount. We are expecting this to be under powered, and will slowly increase tax until everyone is happy with where it is at.

Tax is calculated, and collected from many different places, from bank, inventory, island blocks, chests and more. You can manage the prioritization of all of these, and view lots of tax related information by doing /tax.

[​IMG]

The catch with the Tax System, is the Offshore Bank accounts. These are separate bank accounts that you can gain access to, either from the store, or rarely through gameplay. They have a maximum amount of $1,000,000 that can be stored in there at any time, however, any money in an Offshore Bank account does not count towards tax. Withdrawing money from an Offshore Bank account can take some time, depending on the size of the withdrawal, so make sure that you manage your money properly throughout the week.

If the response to the tax system is a positive one, we will be rolling it out to all cities in the near future!

Lucky Blocks

These new items can be gained from using your computer cores to create them. There are 3 kinds of Lucky Block - Slightly, Very and Insanely. They can be opened at spawn, and have a bunch of different effects. Some good, and some really not so good! We will be adding and changing drops in Lucky Blocks frequently, to maintain a sense of random chaos.

We hope you enjoy the update.

Thanks!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    #1 peraldon, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  2. Ahmod

Ahmod Active Member

Good to see these updates! Can't wait for more :)

3. HyperFlame

HyperFlame New Member

cant wait to play on january 1st

4. Skeptic671

Skeptic671 Helper
    Helper

Yay more stuff to dp at spawn whenever I'm bored! Actually no... no more stuff to do because YOU CAN'T GET BORED WITH THESE AWESOME NEW FEATURES AMRYTE PEOPLE :D :D :D :D

5. AwesomeAgent10

AwesomeAgent10 Active Member

Ayyyee!!! Awesome Update!!!

6. rjkd2016

rjkd2016 New Member

Is the lucky block feature just on Lucky city or all of them? Just went for lucky city since it is new and all,but am curious if the feature is only for that city or network wide?

7. Skeptic671

Skeptic671 Helper
    Helper

It is exclusive to the Lucky City only.

8. rjkd2016

rjkd2016 New Member

Ah ok,I set my core to generate lucky blocks though and it has yet to produce a single lucky block,is the result of wether it does random? or is it bugged?

9. Skeptic671

Skeptic671 Helper
    Helper

The result is random. I am not certain but I assume Lucky Blocks take the longest to obtain through Computers because they contain decent rewards.

10. DrDraven

DrDraven Active Member

Their rewards are worse then crates last season.

11. rjkd2016

rjkd2016 New Member

I finally got one. and got a lucky sword on my first try,so that is pretty good I think.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DesireWasTaken

DesireWasTaken Active Member

#PeraldonForSrManager ?!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. PatrickStqr

PatrickStqr Active Member

I love these blocks. I've at least opened 300 Slightly Lucky Blocks thanks to Gish and iMad. These things are OP, trust me.

-Patrick