SEASON 2! Golden City winners & other city resets

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by peraldon, Nov 5, 2017.

1. peraldon

peraldon New Member

Hello everyone!

As we plummet down into the madness of Season 2, we'd like to give some information on how the reset will happen.

The all important question: what will be lost, and what will be kept?

First of all, the following will be kept:
    • Purchased ranks
    • Purchased kits
    • Badges
    • Any unspent XP boosters

Everything else will disappear so that we can improve the economy and game play. This includes money, cryptos, islands, inventories, robots, computers and anything else that is not in the list above. We may hold end-of-season events, where players can come blow up spawn and generally run amok, but these will be announced in separate threads.

[​IMG]

As Golden City launches into Season 2, it's time to reward the fantastic top islands from the previous rewards!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please PM me on the forum to receive your prize, if you won! Congratulations to everyone.

[​IMG]

The idea for Season 2 is to bring out lots of features as the season progresses. However, we're of course going to kick everything off with some initial additions!

New Skyblock Plugin

We completely rewrote our Skyblock plugin, from the ground up in the SkyMetro style you've all come to know. This new one is a lot faster, slicker, and contains a whole load of brand new features. It allows us to do a lot of awesome things down the road also! The main features that you will notice are:

Reduced lag
    The new plugin has been written from scratch with server performance in mind, which means we should be able to handle higher player counts this time around.

GUI based management interface
    All island features can be accessed through a new & improved GUI system! You can manage flags, team members, island settings, warps, homes and upgrades all through one simple and intuitive interface!

Improved flag-permission system
    The existing island flag system has had a complete overhaul. You can toggle flags for all players, your team, or even specific users! lots of flags of permissions for all players, island members, or even specific people. Customize the hell outta your island!

Improved team management
    You can now part of multiple teams, and still have an island of your own! We also made it much easier to oversee who has access to your island, manage invites and expel/ban players from your island.

Island expansions
    We increased the max island size from 6 chunks (last season) to a whopping 25 chunks! This means you have loads more space for those huge farms. ;)

Islands and team sizes can be expanded over time from the island management interface.

Stacked mob spawners
    Mob spawners are now stacked similarly to how mobs themselves stack together. This will both improve player FPS and the overall performance of the server. Mob drops will of course remain the same - stacked spawners produce more mobs!

Improved Economy
    We've made a number of improvements to the economy, to greatly balance the effectiveness of certain farms and strategies.

In summary:
    • We reduced the effectiveness and efficiency of spawner farms
    • We buffed non-spawner farms
    • We buffed ore-mining/robot-mining slightly
    • We made it harder to obtain hoppers and other redstone components
    We will continue to tweak this throughout Season 2.

Lots of other things!
    There are a *lot* of other small changes as well that we're launching with Season 2...You'll just have to play it to find these out!

[​IMG]

The all important question: when does all this shiny new content release!?

Golden City - Right now!
    Ivory City - Wednesday 8th November (2 days away)
    Crimson City - Monday 13th November (1 week away)
    Coral City - Will be merged into Crimson and reset on the 13th. (another thread will follow containing the details of this)
    Maroon City - Saturday 18th November

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Skeptic671

Skeptic671 Helper
    Helper

WOOOOO!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    #2 Skeptic671, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  3. Ruu

Ruu Manager
    Admin

Insiding shouldn't be an issue now, just toggle the valuable blocks setting in your island flags :)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Questions

Questions Active Member

You must be happy :p

//Questions

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. IdolBear

IdolBear Active Member

YESSS! I was waiting for this soo much! It's such a bummer I'm on vacation then. But I'll be sure to kickass when I come back!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sam Forster

Sam Forster New Member

Noooooooo, me and my team have been saving up our money to buy a ton of diamond to make a push for is top #1 and now we have over 2billion worth of it to place in 2 days....well then, would it be possible for me to know the exact reset time of ivory so we can know if we need to be on more or less all the time placing?

7. Vititoe12

Vititoe12 New Member

Wait my is was is top 5 we had is level 400K+ xD

8. Bucko

Bucko New Member

To summarise even further:
    • It is the exact same as before
    • 1 Less city because whoever decided to open another 2 needs shooting
    • 'Lots of small changes' aka irrelevant stuff that won't even matter
    • Different economy aka 1 day to find the most broken item and abuse until nerfed.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. BestDimondFinder

10. Waffle

Waffle Member

It's great to see this out! I'm sure everyone agrees that it was worth the wait! This is going to be interesting, although, I'm sure with a whole new plugin it will have a handful of bugs, we'll be sure to report them all. Good luck everyone! ;)

11. KJFighter

KJFighter Member

gg

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. CuadraK

CuadraK New Member

When you say editing flags, would it be possible for us to use region flags on our own IS and toggle for stuff like perm speed and perm haste for out is region, im confused cause typically in order to do that, you need Worldedit to make the region and changes perms for it and change region ownership........ So what is the flags ? explain it in a simple way, how can we use it, and how will it prevent insiding ?

13. Ruu

Ruu Manager
    Admin

It's not permissions for certain areas of your island if that's what you mean, and has nothing to do with world edit. If you want to prevent insiding:

/is -> Island -> Island Flags -> Global Flags -> Breaking valuable blocks (the diamond pickaxe) -> Click to toggle allowed/disallowed

You can also set these permissions for specific players by going to User-Specific Flags.

14. CuadraK

CuadraK New Member

Ok, sorry on the servers i ran before and staffed it was a matter of creating regions to use flags and such, but i get it

15. Zachary Jackson

Zachary Jackson New Member

The only down part is the redstone stuff but everything else i cant wait to see

16. Pyrotechnic

Pyrotechnic Member

Still banned lmao.

Also, prizes next season?

#16 Pyrotechnic, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  17. Ahmod

Ahmod Active Member

Glad to see that there are set dates not "soon" :) good job with the release, can't wait for other cities to see who wins!
    also congratulations to Draven, Lg and Kj!

• Like Like x 1
  18. IAteAPotato

IAteAPotato Member

I was on LG xD

19. Modification

Modification Active Member

Woot woot!

It looks like some great changes are coming to SkyMetro, and congrats to @DrDraven on winning is top #1!

20. NotAKoalaBear

NotAKoalaBear Member

YESSS I knew stacked mob spawners would get added I'm Koala Trump and I made SkyMetro Great Again ;) But anyways Next Season sounds brilliant :) and Congrats to top 3 :p