Suggestions for Season 4

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by trkey, Jun 5, 2018.

1. trkey

trkey Owner
    Owner

Hey everyone,

We're working on season 4 for SkyMetro.

We are expecting to launch in early July. We look forward to an awesome summer with you all :cool:

I want to make sure the community is heard before we release Season 4, so please use this thread as a way to voice your opinion on what needs to be added, removed or changed on SkyMetro.

@Amazing (the new server manager) and I will be reading your replies & giving our input on your suggestions throughout the next few days.

Thank you to everyone that stuck with us throughout the last few months. I look forward to next season!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Itz_Dim

Itz_Dim Member

Add
    - /color plugin (To Made your name collor custom)
    - All months the monthly Crate added in the shop
    - Booster (fly booster [Al people got fly for a limited time]) (Hopper booster [Hoppers faster for a limited time])
    - Buy with v-Points Kilo, Mega, Giga, Tera crates
    *50 Kilo
    *75 Mega
    *150 Giga
    *200 Tera
    - Giveaways (Coupons, Ranks)
    - Nametage with your rank
    - when you click on your Sell wand you come in a GUI where you can select what you want to Sell
    - Hopper tiers
    *1 Normal
    *2 Faster then 1
    *3 Faster then 2
    - report plugin /report [Name] [Reason]
    * staff command /reports to see in GUI all reports

Change
    - Lower prices for ranks

Remove
    - Now ranks in Crates

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    #2 Itz_Dim, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  3. DesireWasTaken

DesireWasTaken Active Member

Even though I did resign as MOD from skymetro, I still believe in the current staff team and devs to implement things that members of the community will enjoy, make a twitter and get someone followers and spread the word about SkyMetro, do giveaways on ranks, often key alls. Good luck to Amazing and the rest of you's <3

4. ItzAquaYoshi

ItzAquaYoshi New Member

I Agree with Itz_Dim! these functions need to be added for more fun and epic gameplay! I think this is the best

• Like Like x 1
  5. Itz_Dim

Itz_Dim Member

Thanks! <3

• Like Like x 1
  6. 8Nemesis3

8Nemesis3 New Member

7. 8Nemesis3

8Nemesis3 New Member

8. Itz_Dim

Itz_Dim Member

Sorry I don’t like this idea, a Block wand is for making Redstone, Lapiz, Coal, Iron, gold, diamond, emerald blocks when you add other blocks then it isn’t for island levels. And a Sell wand is for the things that you want to add. Thats what I mean ;)

9. 8Nemesis3

8Nemesis3 New Member

Block wands should turn anything into blocks that are able to.. you pay for it, thats what it should do whether or not it's for island levels.. not everybody makes their islands for the levels.. slime blocks also sell for more than slime balls... Additionally should be able to sell magma blocks or magma balls also

10. Amazing

Amazing New Member

• Allowing donors to change the color of their nickname is definitely something we can do.
    • We will be doing a monthly crate every month.
    • Worried about doing something like a "hopper booster" because that just seems like a lag nightmare if we have a lot of players on, but some kind of global "fly booster" could be cool.
    • Not sure if we're planning on allowing players to purchase crates outside of the actual server store, but maybe adding ways to obtain them through progression is something we'll consider.
    • We can do giveaways.
    • Could you elaborate on "Nametag with your rank"
    • So you mean we should add a filter on sell wands? So when a player uses a sell wand it'll only sell a specific thing out of the chest?
    • Again, with the hopper speed suggestions... it could cause significant lag. We have fine tuned our hopper speeds to ensure we can handle tens of thousands of hoppers running at the same time with minimal lag.
    • Can easily add a report feature.
    • I don't believe the price of ranks will be reduced.
    • What do you mean by "now ranks in crates"?

That is our intention when making this thread, we want to hear what the community wants to see so we can make everyone happy about next season :)

As for the low player count, I'm confident that @trkey will be getting some youtubers back on the server so we can start growing the community again once season 4 is released.

11. DrDraven

DrDraven Active Member

1. Get rid of the current 'nether' make a shared nether that you can build in. You should do this because 1. The current nether is useless and boring, and 2. A shared nether that you can build and destroy in would keep things interesting, if you want a detailed suggestion on the nether I can provide one.

2. Do not turn down a suggestion because "Its not SkyMetro like" there were so many great suggestions that were turned down because its not like SkyMetro.

3. Dont ignore the community like they have been in previous seasons. In every previous seasons higher up staff didn't listen to the community and added things no one wanted, or just heard them and looked the other way.

4. If the GUIs are still the same then change them back to how they were. As an example warps. It went from /is warp DrDraven to looking through 20 pages of heads for my head. Thats pointless and a waist of time. Basically have the old skyblock plugin but include flags in it.

5. Talk to Alex get him to make better contracts for the YTers (English YouTubers). Most of them left because there was no new content for them to actually record so their series got boring and their views dropped so they stopped recording the server because no updates happened. Have constant updates and actually TELL the community that something has been updated even if its just something minor. There has been so much confusion with this. "When are chest shops being added?" "They already are added" -luck "well I didn't know that" "Not my job to tell you" -Luck. Things like this. That was back in season 2.

6. Do events weekly or every other week if possible. Yes that means Staff need to make them and organize them. That means not just the Helpers and Mods... Parkour Events, Maze Runs, PvP, Best builds, Staff vs Players castle wars, Castle wars, anything like that. Get involved in the community don't just have the low staff do it for you go in the server and actually have conversations with them so see what they want. Even if you just go on the server and say "Hey who has the best island I can see" just to get them talking. "Hey whoever has the best island gets a Free Crate". Its not that hard but you guys need to put forth effort.

7. Look through the suggestions both denied and accepted. A lot of good suggestions have been made that got denied because it’s not Metro like. Stop thinking like that please. Also a lot of the accepted suggestions just simply have never been implemented.

8. Lower prices for the crates and possibly other items. No one will buy a crate that’s $20 and has a 5% chance of getting garbage...

9. Have creat giveaways, and ranks that are announced. Previously the only time a creat giveaway happened was if something bad happened like a dupe glitch or just randomly. Announce a creat giveaway on discord and forums. They will never break the economy unless you give out 10 Monthly crates at the begging of the season. Lol the only thing that really breaks the eco is me and my old team.

10. Have buycraft items available in in game currency. Say you base the economy off mining next season, make it so lets say for an example 10 Million for a Robot and 20 Million for an upgrade. You could have the economy based off of mining (but thats very boring) and the amount of levels you have can buy you things off buycraft like robots, sell wands, island expansions, crates.

11. This has already been suggested a while ago but have the citys different then just the same thing. For example Crimson is OG like it already is, Maroon would be op sky block, and Golden would be hardcore, things like this. Yes this would mean each city is individualized and would need separate economy and possibly different buycraft prices/ different items in crates and tweaked robot mining speeds and fortune levels. This will probably get turned down because thats a lot of extra work on Admins+ sense what they do now is just copy the files over.

12. Get rid of the Market and replace it with an Auction House. People have been wanting an auction house for the longest time. This is an easy way to buy and sell items.

• Agree Agree x 2
    #11 DrDraven, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  12. Itz_Dim

Itz_Dim Member

• Could you elaborate on "Nametag with your rank"
    [​IMG]
    • So you mean we should add a filter on sell wands? So when a player uses a sell wand it'll only sell a specific thing out of the chest?
    Yes
    • What do you mean by "now ranks in crates"?
    Now there are ranks in Crates and when you have 5 alts and a XP farm you get a lot of ranks and other players bought a rank :/

13. Skaykor

Skaykor Moderator

I really would like that to see in season 4! Please keep coming with ideas dim!

14. Skaykor

Skaykor Moderator

Finna get that Mod tag tho :p

15. Amazing

Amazing New Member

1. We can do that
    2. Ok
    3. Thats why we made this thread, we want everyone involved.
    4. Ok
    5. I believe @trkey has some youtubers ready to start recording the new season, and there will be content updates.
    6. Totally agree, we'll do events.
    7. Will do
    8. Will talk to trkey about some of the shop prices.
    9. Like I said above, we can do giveaways.
    10. I will make buycraft items obtainable without having to spend money, could be through something like envoys or king of the hill.
    11. I like this idea, but I believe we're merging down to 1 or 2 realms for season 4.
    12. We can do this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. DesireWasTaken

DesireWasTaken Active Member

Do we have an exact date on when Skymetro season 3 will be ending, or is it in the works now, I am looking forward to season 4, and @DrDraven your negativity and hatred towards the server is not needed, nor should have to be taking the time out of his day to be replying to you so please hush <3 !

17. DrDraven

DrDraven Active Member

I’m sorry for expressing how I feel about the server and the facts about the server. Nothing I said here is a lie. I was just informing Amazing what I think they should not to do and what they should have done in the first place, so then he does not repeat what they have already done. I’m hoping that he can change that and fix the mistakes that they have previously caused. If someone does not point out the problems with something those problems will never get fixed. That’s what I’m trying to do here. This thread was created to voice your opinion. It’s also his job to do that so I thaught he might want more then just 2 people suggesting things.

#17 DrDraven, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  18. ItzAquaYoshi

ItzAquaYoshi New Member

yes, my question is: when does Season 4 exactly starts? and if a city gets deleted, shall we say.... Ivory City for example, how about the ranks bought on that server? i just bought a rank like 2 days ago and it would be a shame if they delete it. i would prefer that ranks would be transferred to the other realms/ or the realm remaining!

19. DrDraven

DrDraven Active Member

There is not an exact date because they are still making it they can only estimate. Also the ranks do transfer from deleted city’s. If they go down to 1 city let’s say Crimson everyone’s rank from ivory will be transferred to crimson.

20. Itz_Dim

Itz_Dim Member

Exact!